Upon leaving KPMG he went to work for his largest client, a national LP gas company where he oversaw the reorganization of a 60-person corporate accounting department and assisted in the implementation of a companywide state of the art retail management information system across 300 retail plants nationwide.
After leaving private industry, Dave, along with three other partners, began BFBA in 1983.
Client Service Focus
Dave presently serves as a partner in the firm’s assurance service department. His client responsibilities include oversight of audits and other accounting services, along with general business consulting.
For nearly 40 years, Dave has worked with employee benefit plans and serves as the engagement consulting partner in connection with the firm’s employee benefit plan practice (pension plans, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, ESOP trusts, etc.).
As a forensic accounting expert, Dave has also worked with attorneys throughout Northern California. He has testified numerous times in both state superior court and federal court in matters involving business litigation.
Dave works with business owners in a variety capacities. He provides business advisory services in such areas as:
- Debt and equity placement
- Business succession planning
- Accounting system design and implementation
- Business valuation services
- Acquisitions and mergers
- Operational reviews
- Financial staff recruitment
- Cash flow and budget analysis
- General business planning
Over his career Dave has worked with small, closely held, often family owned businesses, emerging enterprises, mid-sized regional companies, up to multinational Fortune 100 companies.
He works extensively with clients involved in running manufacturing, wholesale, energy, service and retail businesses. Dave also works with several of the Sacramento Region’s not-for–profit organizations.
His clients have included JC Penny, General Mills, Corner Stone Propane and Dillingham Corporation on the national level, and Cal Gas, River City Petroleum, Nor-Cal Beverage, Sleep Train, Ticket to Dream, Associated General Contractors, and Blue Diamond in the Sacramento region.
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former member CalCPA State Council
- Sacramento Chapter of CalCPA, Past President
- Capitol Region Family Business Center
- Sacramento Rotary
- Boy Scouts of America
- Numerous Sacramento Region Charities
- B.S. in Accounting, California State University Sacramento
- Postgraduate study in finance and business, Golden Gate University
Dave is a life-long sports enthusiast having participated on and been a fan of many sports teams. He also enjoys playing golf and being in the outdoors. He is an avid reader (particularly U.S. history) and enjoys a wide variety of music. Mostly, Dave enjoys spending time with his family, which includes his wife of over 40 years, Shauna, their five children (and their spouses) and eleven grandchildren.