Doug Zezoff is a partner in the firm’s tax department, specializing in consulting and compliance for closely held businesses and their owners as well as high wealth individuals. Doug joined BFBA in 2015 after being the managing tax partner at his firm for the past 25 years. Doug began his career at Arthur Andersen & Co. where he worked for eight years in the San Jose and Sacramento tax departments.
Client Service Focus
Doug’s area of focus is consulting and compliance for his clients as a trusted advisor bringing not only his expertise in the field of taxation but also his knowledge of business and management to assist his clients. Doug proactively consults with his clients throughout the year to plan and update tax and business strategies including succession planning. Additionally, Doug has experience in estate and trust taxation including administration, consulting and compliance.
Doug has extensive experience in tax services for the construction, real estate, and professional services industries as well as high net worth individuals. His clients range in size from small family owned businesses and startup companies to well established multi-state corporations with annual sales in excess of $500 million.
- Certified Public Accountant with Certificates in California and formerly in Oregon
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Tax Department
- Doug is an active member of Folsom Rotary club
- Easter Seals of Superior California (past board member for 12 years and chair)
- Former Boy Scout leader and Soccer Coach
- B.S. in Business Administration (Cum Laude) with a concentration in Accounting — California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Outside of work, Doug enjoys spending as much time outside as possible, including time in Truckee, hiking fishing, paddle boarding and hanging out with friends and family. Additionally, spending time and traveling with his wife, Lynette, two adult children, and his dog, Zoey, take up the balance of his free time.