In these roles, he serves clients in a wide variety of industries, while also striving to assist in the growth and development of BFBA’s partners and employees. He is actively involved in mentoring, training, and ensuring that BFBA’s values and culture are reflected in the actions of everyone in the Firm.
Prior to joining BFBA, Ben was an audit manager with KPMG in San Francisco. During his tenure with KPMG, he served on the Audit and Assurance Support Team, helping to develop, refine and deploy KPMG’s audit methodology throughout the western United States.
Client Service Focus
As an audit partner, Ben is responsible for the overall performance of audits, reviews and other attestation services for his clients. He also oversees the Firm’s transaction services practice area, assisting business owners with quality of earnings reviews and acquisition, mergers, and sale advisory services.
In addition to audit and attestation services, Ben supports his clients with a variety of business advisory services, including:
- Acquisition and merger due diligence
- Financial modeling
- Transaction advisory services
- Succession planning
- Internal control evaluation
Ben has worked with a wide variety of companies of varying sizes – from Fortune 50 clients to sole proprietors. While his primary client concentration is in service, wholesale/distribution, and manufacturing, he also serves a variety of clients in the construction, software/technology, and logistics/transportation industries.
Ben is also an expert in Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) and advises numerous employee-owned companies on the accounting and reporting nuances associated with being an ESOP company.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)- California Board of Accountancy
- Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV) – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Bachelor of Science, Accountancy, Cum Laude
- Master of Accountancy, Cum Laude
In his free time, Ben enjoys traveling with his wife, Nicole, riding his motorcycle, and supporting and attending his children’s various extracurricular activities. He also makes time to play in various soccer, softball, and basketball leagues.