…including retail, service, construction, technology, and employee benefit plans. He currently leads BFBA’s employee benefit plan audit practice and has helped it to grow exponentially over the last several years.
Nate is also actively involved in the development of BFBA’s staff through mentoring and the preparation of continuing education courses.
Prior to joining BFBA, Nate worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers in their Silicon Valley Office where he worked on the financial statement audits of many venture-backed start-ups, development stage companies, and publicly-traded companies. While working at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Nate gained extensive experience in the implementation and testing of internal controls as he assisted many clients in the implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley.
Client Service Focus
As an audit partner, Nate supervises the work flow between staff and clients and ensures that all client needs are met. Through his experience, he has become expert in various complex accounting areas including revenue recognition, inventory valuation, stock-based compensation, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and business combinations.
Nate currently leads BFBA’s employee benefit plan audit practice. In this role he reviews all employee benefit plan workpapers and financial statements and using his training and expertise ensures that all regulatory updates, changes, and practices are adopted by the Firm. He also ensures that all employee benefit plan staff have an appropriate level of training and expertise.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), Member
- The National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA), Member
- Western Pension & Benefits Council Sacramento Chapter, Board Member and Treasurer
- Licensed CPA – California State Board of Accountancy
- Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit Certificate (AICPA)
- Capital Region Family Business Center, Member
When not working, Nate enjoys spending time with his wife and three children in Tahoe, as well as mountain biking, hiking, and home improvement projects.